Housing HQ Temporary Housing Process
Our 4-step temporary housing process makes relocation easy for you and your policyholders.
Step 1. Contact Us With A Claim
Call 866.918.RELO (7356) or email NewLoss@HousingHQ.com
Please be prepared to tell us:
- Claim number
- Name and contact information for policyholder
- Length of initial ALE stay
- If the family needs a hotel tonight
Within 15 minutes, we’ll call the family to let them know we are handling their housing needs and explain how the process works. We’ll also confirm any special needs at this time. We will begin searching for potential properties immediately.
Step 2: Approve the Budget
Before the family settles on any accommodations, you have the opportunity to approve the budget.
Once approved, we will:
- Give the policyholders details on the accommodations we have found
- Schedule a viewing of the property
- Work with the landlord and policyholder to arrange lease terms, complete all paperwork and secure all payments
- Arrange leasing and delivery of all furnishings, appliances and housewares
Step 3: Approve Lease Extension or Termination
We track the lease dates and contact you approximately two weeks before notice is required, asking you to approve either extending or terminating the lease.
If the lease needs to be extended, we will:
- Arrange with the landlord to extend the lease
- Arrange with the furniture and appliance vendors to extend the lease
- Let the family know of the new lease end date
If the lease is to be terminated, we will handle the move-out, including:
- Providing walk-through papers for the policyholder to document any problems with the property
- Pick-up of furnishings, appliances and housewares
- Security deposit resolution
- Surveying your policyholders to make sure we provided the best temporary housing experience possible
Step 4: Process Our Invoice
Upon your policyholders move-in at the temporary property, we’ll send you a detailed invoice that adheres to your approved budget for all ALE costs including hotel stay, monthly rental amounts, and any applicable deposits. Extensions will be invoiced as they occur.
HOUSING HEADQUARTERS • NATIONAL. PROFESSIONAL. DEPENDABLE. PERSONAL.